One of the best things about summer has got to be the delicious assortment of fresh berries. And if your family is like mine, it’s pretty darn rare for anyone to turn their nose up these gorgeous juicy gems.
Our typical problem with baking with them is that so many recipes add in (totally unnecessary) sugar to sweeten berries up. The thing is, if they’re in season and fresh, they absolutely don’t need extra sweetness.
And one of our absolute favorite ways to use them is in pancakes. And these Paleo blueberry pancakes are super yummy AND can easily take a switchout for whichever summer berry goodness you have on hand!
Blueberry Paleo Pancakes
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 TBSP monk fruit sweetener granulated, or keto maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp avocado oil for pan
- 1/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen; or other summer berries
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries; in a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Then add the dry into the wet a little at a time, whisking until completely combined.
- Either add blueberries into batter, or save for topping pancakes (or both!)
- Heat a pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add the oil. Spoon the batter into the pan in scant 1/4 cup portions to form small pancakes. Divide the blueberries between pancakes and cook for about three to five minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with any remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Divide pancakes between plates and enjoy!