If you like alfredo sauce on anything you’ll LOVE this Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash Noodles!
Honestly, my kids have made an Olympic sport of turning up their noses at dinners I make, then retracting their comments once they taste it.
This is one of those dinners. They loved it.
The thing that’s cool about this recipe, if you’re worried about the pumpkin taste, is that you actually can’t even taste the pumpkin. It makes the sauce a slightly more orange color, but adds a nutritional boost without even affecting the flavor hardly at all.
We like to use it on top of spaghetti squash because the seasonal winter produce is anti-inflammatory goodness that provides tons of fiber and vitamins like A, B6, and C. (All of which are amazing for cold and flu season!)
The pumpkin in the alfredo sauce gives it an additional boost of those nutrients as well. Plus, the healthy fats in the alfredo sauce base are used to absorb alllll that Vitamin A. (Healthy triple whammy!)
The printable recipe is below, and it’s also featured in our Winter Freestyle Meal Prep session (check it out and get the printable guide!)Print
Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce on Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 TBSP avocado oil (or butter)
- 5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream (organic)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (organic, grated from the block)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Place on a pan covered in foil. Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool enough to touch.
- Flip halves over, then use a fork to scrape the spaghetti 'noodles' out of the middle into a bowl.
- For the sauce (don't make ahead of time, you want this to be made immediately before serving): Heat the avocado oil and garlic over medium heat. Add the pumpkin and cream, stirring. Simmer until lightly thickened, then add the parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
- Plate the squash noodles, then top with pumpkin alfredo sauce.
- This is also great topped with organic crumbled bacon or grilled chicken.
Keywords: anti-inflammatory, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, nightshade-free, Sugar-Free
Like this recipe? Prep it and 5 others with the Winter Freestyle Meal Prep Guide!