Truthfully, in the past I’d never tried leeks–even in something as yummy as this Roasted Leek and Cauliflower Soup.
I’m embarrassed to admit that every time I thought of leeks, I remembered the scene in Bridget Jones’ Diary where she tried to make leek soup and left the blue rubber band in it and the entire soup was blue. 😝 😹
But thankfully I got over it and now absolutely love the taste of leeks! Which is why this soup is so great. It truly embodies the anti-inflammatory winter produce with a warm, creamy, and filling soup.
Try it out, and don’t forget to top it with organic crumbled bacon or even some sharp cheddar and chives!
The printable recipe is below, and it’s also featured in our Winter Freestyle Meal Prep session (check it out and get the printable guide!)Print
Roasted Leek and Cauliflower Soup
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- 1 head cauliflower (About 2 cups chopped)
- 2 leeks (medium to small)
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or cashew)
- 3 tsp thyme leaves (fresh)
- 3 cups water
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the cauliflower florets and leeks on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 TBSP avocado oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, turning pan halfway through. Let it get lightly browned but not burned.
- Let cool about 5-10 minutes, then, into a high-powered blender add all the roasted vegetables, almond butter, thyme leaves, lemon juice and half the water (1 1/2 cups).
- Blend until pureed, then add the remaining ingredients and pulse a few more times.
- Pour into a saucepan and let the soup heat until warmed up completely. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- You may add more water or even broth if the soup is too thick.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream or organic bacon crumbles. Enjoy
Keywords: anti-inflammatory, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, nightshade-free, Sugar-Free, Vegan
Like this recipe? Prep it and 5 others with the Anti-Inflammatory Winter Freestyle Meal Prep Guide! 👇