When apples are done for the fall, pears move right on in to take center stage! And this Winter Pear and Yogurt Bowl is super versatile, macro balanced, and oh so yummy!
This recipe is also featured in the Winter Freestyle Meal Prep session (check it out and get your free guide!)
The thing that’s so great about nourishing yogurt bowls like this is that you can add whatever you feel like adding (like as long as it’s anti-inflammatory and falls in your macros if you’re trying to lose or gain weight.)
And although we used Greek yogurt for this bowl, if you’re dairy-free, you can simply sub that out for coconut or almond yogurt.
Another reason these are so easy is that you can just throw it together in 3 minutes.
But the yogurt mixture can be portioned out, and the toppings can separately be portioned out so you can meal prep them ahead of time for the week. (Win!)
Now, I really used to not like pears that much. Even though we had a pear tree as a kid, they were the variety that big food companies use to can (you know–the ones that sit on the grocery store shelves?) I don’t like the grittiness.
But if you get the winter varieties that are a bit smaller, the skin is actually very soft and the inside texture isn’t gritty. Which is why I now love pears. 🍐
Since I keep the skins on (they’re full of nutrients like apple skins are!) I use a trick to quickly and easily slice and core them.
How to quickly and easily cut and core a pear:
- Cut off a thin slice from the bottom of the pear so it sits flat
- Cut the top skinny part off
- Use an apple corer/slicer the same way you would an apple
Here’s what I put into my creamy and nourishing Winter Pear and Yogurt Bowl:
Winter Pear and Yogurt Bowl
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, Plain and unsweetened or coconut or almond yogurt for dairy-free or vegan
- 1/2 pear halved and cored
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Dip yogurt into a bowl. Add the stevia and vanilla extract, then stir till completely mixed.
- Top with pear slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Like this recipe? Prep it and 5 others with the Winter Freestyle Meal Prep Guide! 👇