The addition of anti-inflammatory turmeric to these poached eggs adds a subtle spiciness that’s *just right*.
Turmeric Poached Eggs
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 1 3/4 cups fresh spinach
- 5/8 cup tomatoes halved
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP white wine vingegar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 eggs medium sized
- Heata dry frying pan and toast the pine nuts for 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Inthe meantime, heat the oil in a frying pan and stirfry thespinach and tomatoes for 2 minutes on medium heat until wilted. Season withsalt and pepper.
- Bringa pot of water to the boil and add in the vinegar and turmeric. Turn the heatdown so that the water no longer bubbles. Carefully break in the egg and poachfor 3 minutesrepeatwith the second egg.
- Dividethe spinach over two bowls, top with the poached egg and sprinkle with toastedpine nuts. Season withsalt and pepper. Breakopen the eggs just before serving.
Per serving: 15 g fat 12 g carbs 14 g protein