The addition of anti-inflammatory turmeric to these poached eggs adds a subtle spiciness that’s *just right*.
Turmeric Poached Eggs
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 1 3/4 cups fresh spinach
- 5/8 cup tomatoes halved
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP white wine vingegar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 eggs medium sized
- Heat a dry frying pan and toast the pine nuts for 2 minutes, then set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a frying pan and stirfry the spinach and tomatoes for 2 minutes on medium heat until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in the vinegar and turmeric. Turn the heatdown so that the water no longer bubbles. Carefully break in the egg and poach for 3 minutes; repeat with the second egg.
- Divide the spinach over two bowls, top with the poached egg and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Season withsalt and pepper. Breakopen the eggs just before serving.
Per serving: 15 g fat 12 g carbs 14 g protein