One of the belles of the ball when it comes to anti-inflammatory beverages (and coffee alternatives) is definitely turmeric milk (or golden milk or turmeric latte–depending on your choice of names).
One thing I’ve noticed, however, is that even though most recipes have the intent of helping to lower inflammation, they still have sugar in them. Usually maple syrup.
That’s why I recreated the recipe as a sugar-free version that’s just as yummy, with just as much inflammation-busting power, but without the added sugar.
Turmeric Milk | Golden Milk | Turmeric Latte
- 2 cups coconut milk unsweetened (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 TBSP keto maple syrup or granulated monk fruit or stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer up to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2 mugs and enjoy!