When it comes to Anti-Inflammatory soups, this Turmeric Ginger Butternut Squash one is 💯! Packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients and vegan (unless you want to add some shredded chicken!), this will warm you right up in those cold months and keep you cozy!Print
Turmeric Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- 1 1/2 TBSP avocado oil (or virgin coconut oil (unrefined))
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 TBSP ginger (fresh, grated)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 butternut squash (or 5 cups (for 4 servings))
- 1 tsp turmeric (dried)
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 cup green lentils (dry, rinsed)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 400 F, cut butternut squash in half and lay it facing downward on a pan covered in foil. Cook for 40 minutes.
- In a large pot, drizzle oil and add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onions are clear, stirring often.
- Pour in the milk, broth, and lentils, and stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils are cooked through.
- When the squash is finished cooking, remove from oven, spoon out and discard seeds. Then scoop out the flesh and place in a high-powered blender.
- Add half of the soup mixture into blender and puree until smooth. Pour back into the soup pot.
- Stir in the baby spinach and simmer until the spinach is wilted.
- Divide into bowls, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: anti-inflammatory, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, nightshade-free, Sugar-Free, Vegan