When it comes to Anti-Inflammatory soups, this Turmeric Ginger Butternut Squash one is 💯! Packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients and vegan (unless you want to add some shredded chicken!), this will warm you right up in those cold months and keep you cozy!
Turmeric Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 1/2 TBSP avocado oil or virgin coconut oil (unrefined)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TBSP ginger fresh, grated
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 butternut squash or 5 cups (for 4 servings)
- 1 tsp turmeric dried
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 cup green lentils dry, rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 F, cut butternut squash in half and lay it facing downward on a pan covered in foil. Cook for 40 minutes.
- In a large pot, drizzle oil and add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onions are clear, stirring often.
- Pour in the milk, broth, and lentils, and stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils are cooked through.
- When the squash is finished cooking, remove from oven, spoon out and discard seeds. Then scoop out the flesh and place in a high-powered blender.
- Add half of the soup mixture into blender and puree until smooth. Pour back into the soup pot.
- Stir in the baby spinach and simmer until the spinach is wilted.
- Divide into bowls, serve, and enjoy!