If you’re searching for a way to use tart cherry to improve your sleep, look no further than this Tart Cherry Almond Mocktail! The sweet almond and tart cherry mesh together beautifully and give a delicious treat to send you off to dreamland.
Tart cherries have been shown to boost sleep through melatonin content and possibly the high amounts of antioxidants. They also have a lower sugar content than other cherries.
So while keeping your blood sugar down is a concern for supporting better sleep (and is necessary for diabetes and inflammatory conditions), this mocktail may still be a viable option, even with the straight tart cherry juice.
Although alcohol can always be added to mocktails to make a full-on cocktail, I don’t advise doing it with this recipe. The recipe-tester (that would be me) advised that it will turn this delicious treat of a beverage into a large, full glass of cough-syrup flavor. No thank you.
Instead, enjoy this tart cherry mocktail treat alcohol-free after or during dinner to prep you for bedtime!Print
Tart Cherry Almond Mocktail
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Drinks
- 1/3 cup sugar-free cream soda ((diet or Zevia brand))
- 1/3 cup tart cherry juice (Montmorency )
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 sprig mint (optional)
- Place ice in short tumbler. Place ice cube/s in a short tumbler.
- Pour ingredients into glass over ice. Pour almond extract first, then tart cherry juice, and top it with the diet cream soda.
- Garnish with mint + enjoy! Add a sprig of mint for garnish.
**I don’t recommend converting this to a full-on cocktail by adding alcohol– it turns the drink into cough-syrup flavor.
Keywords: Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Vegan