Fall-inspired homemade spa recipes are by FAR one of the best ways for Mama to transition from summer into fall with one of my most fave smells of all time: pumpkin! If it smells like fall, Mama’s happy! So what’s the big transition? Transforming that dried out summer skin from the sun, sand, and chlorine to smooth, supple, and glowy skin!
What a better way to practice some stress management and self care when you’re strapped for cash, don’t have a babysitter, or ya know… quarantined. Here’s how to transform your skin, but also your hair and face, with these 3 fall inspired homemade diy spa recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Body Scrub Spa Recipe
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1 TBSP coconut oil (or olive oil)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP cinnamon
1.Mix the pumpkin puree with the oil until all combined
2. In a separate small bowl combine cinnamon, sugar, and coffee. Stir until completely mixed.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the pumpkin and oil and whisk until completely combined.
4. Apply to body in bath tub or shower and scrub to exfoliate.
*Tip: the longer this recipe sits, the more the sugar dissolves. Since it works in addition to the coffee for exfoliation, try to use it asap. Also, maybe don’t use this one before bed if you’re sensitive to caffeine.
*Of all the fall-inspired diy homemade spa recipes, this is my favorite! Maybe because I’ve just last year jumped on the pumpkin spice flavor wagon, but this pumpkin scrub recipe is seriously sublime!
GRAB YOUR ROADMAP TO RELAXATION WORKBOOK + MINI JOURNAL!
Apple Cider Vinegar + Yogurt Conditioning Hair Mask Spa Recipe
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s brand–it’s organic and has ‘the mother’)
2 TBSP yogurt (plain, full fat, organic)
2 TBSP honey (raw, unheated)
Mix all ingredients together really well. Apply to barely dampened hair and massage into the scalp and ends of hair. Wrap hair into a bun. Cover with plastic if you wish. Leave for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. (Great for weekly conditioning mask!)
Glowing Pumpkin Face Mask Spa Recipe
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh, but try to use organic)
1 egg (raw, organic)
1 tsp honey (raw, unheated)
1/2 TBSP apple cider vinegar (organic, I use Bragg’s brand with ‘the mother’)
1. Whisk egg, then add pumpkin puree and honey. Mix till combined.
2. Stir in apple cider vinegar till completely mixed.
3. *This is messy, so wear something you don’t mind getting drips on! Apply to freshly washed face over the sink, tub, or shower in case of drips.
4. Leave for 15-20 minutes, then rinse, and follow with moisturizer.
Hopefully you can ‘transition’ into fall with me with these yummy fall-inspired 🎃 diy homemade spa recipes as well! (Just try not to eat it first! 😉)
Know someone that could use some self care me time via fall-inspired spa recipes? Please SHARE this post!