When it comes to easy and nutritious, nothing comes closer than this simple roasted tomato soup. Not only is it full of phytonutrients from tomatoes, onion, and bell peppers, it’s also a great cold-weather comfort food.Print
Simple Roasted Tomato Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Course
- 2 28 oz Canned tomatoes (Italian, San Marzano)
- 1 yellow onion (loosely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped and de-seeded)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegan version)
- 2 TBSP fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley (chopped)
- Drizzle olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Pour canned tomatoes into a high-powered blender. Add onion, pepper, and garlic mixture.
- Pulse until smooth, then pour back into large pot. Add broth.
- Simmer soup about 5 minutes, then add basil and parsley.
Top with organic sour cream or plant-based sour cream (optional).
Add a grilled cheese sandwich with grain-free bread (optional).
Keywords: anti-inflammatory, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan