By far one of the coolest things to trend in the last couple years is the love of mocktails–hence special months like Sober October and Dry January–so that we can enjoy special treats without the guilt like this sleep-inducing Lavender Lullaby Mocktail.
Don’t be intimidated by the lavender… this is just one of many new types of drinks and mixers more crafty than our Boonesfarm predecessors. 😁
The lavender in this craft lavender mocktail isn’t overwhelming; but it is known to induce calmness and help some sleep. Which makes it the perfect post-dinner treat.
**One thing I will caution: Not all lavender sodas are sugar-free, EVEN if they say ‘dry’!! Check the label to ensure you’re getting sugar-free to keep your mocktail anti-inflammatory, low-carb, and keto!
Lavender Lullaby Mocktail
- 1 bottle dry lavender soda *Make sure it's 'diet' or 'sugar-free'!
- 2-3 basil leaves muddled
- 1 TBSP lemon juice fresh is best
- 2 drops liquid stevia or use 1-2 tsp erythritol (Swerve brand is great)
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Place muddled basil in glass.
- Pour in lemon juice and drops of stevia (or other sweetener).
- Fill the glass with lavendar soda.
- Garnish with basil if you need more fragrance. Enjoy!