When you need a savory protein kick to get your day started, these breakfast sausages loaded with herbs do just the trick!Print
Herby Breakfast Sausage
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 9 oz ground pork (organic, pastured / or ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 TBSP sage (fresh, chopped)
- 2 TBSP basil (fresh, chopped)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil (extra virgin, unrefined)
- In a bowl, mix together the pork with salt, pepper, sage, and basil. Combine well and shape into eight sausages.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the sausages over medium heat until well browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Serve hot or store in the refrigerator for later.
Nutrition per piece:
3 g fat
2 g carb
7 g protein
- Calories: 56
Keywords: Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Sugar-Free