When you need a savory protein kick to get your day started, these breakfast sausages loaded with herbs do just the trick!
Herby Breakfast Sausage
- 9 oz ground pork organic, pastured / or ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP sage fresh, chopped
- 2 TBSP basil fresh, chopped
- 1 TBSP coconut oil extra virgin, unrefined
- In a bowl, mix together the pork with salt, pepper, sage, and basil. Combine well and shape into eight sausages.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the sausages over medium heat until well browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Serve hot or store in the refrigerator for later.
Nutrition per piece: 3 g fat 2 g carb 7 g protein